This blog is meant as a time killer for me and for those who have time!It contains insights and sometimes stupid ramblings.And a occasional short story!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

THE ORGANIZER AND THE SLACKER

STORY OF THE ORGANIZER-UNIVERSE 1
She has asked me to come to that restaurant today. Our restaurant. Where we usually eat after she comes from work. Where I insist that I pay my half for the food even though she has got a job and I don’t. Only today is different. Her parents are going to be there. They want to see me. They want to talk to me. I have to tell them what I feel frankly. I have to be there by six is what she has said.

5:00 PM Home
I have taken a shower. Check
The shirt I wanted to wear is neatly ironed and in the place where I put this morning.Check
I am dressed now. Check.
Have taken purse. Check
Shoes . Check. Comb. Check. Kerchief.Check. Phone. Check

5:10 PM Road
I have lot of time. I have started early. It takes only ten minutes to reach that place by local and there is a train every ten minutes at this hour. The last train I need to catch is the 5:45 but I am pretty early. I will probably be able to catch the 5:20 if I go at this pace…
…That guy is talking on the phone. Why do people talk on the phone while walking?
“…..have started. Will be there on time. Ya ya wont be late.”
Looks like he is also going to meet someone but he is visibly in a hurry. He does not seem to be watching where he is going… Woof!
“Hey! Don’t you have eyes?”
What???Did he just tell me the collision is my fault?
“Are you telling me it’s my fault?”
“Of course it’s your fault! Watch where you are going! Don’t have time for you! (Muttering to himself) Have to recharge my phone!”
The nerve of that fellow. Shouting at me like I was responsible when he was the one who was talking on that phone.
Am I bleeding? Seems like I scratched my elbow. Will have to wash it and get a band-aid!

5:25 PM Still on the road…
That cost me some time. I can still make it. Good thing I started early.
… don’t I know that person who is standing with that cycle. Yeah! It’s that neighbor. He helped me when mom was sick and in the hospital. What is he doing?
“hiiii”
“Hi! What are you doing here ? waiting for someone?”
“No. I blew my front tire. I need to get it to a service shop. The nearest one is near the station. But I have some urgent work this way. Was just weighing my choices when you came by.”
“Well, I am going to the station! I will drop it there for you and you collect it later!”
“You will do that? Are you sure? I don’t want to impose on you.”
“It’s not at all a problem. You carry on. I will take care of this.”
“Thanks a lot”
I hope I make it on time….

5:35 PM Station
What a crowd? What is happening here?
“Excuse me! What’s happening here?”
“ Shooting going on inside station boss. For new Gautham menon movie”
“I need to catch the train to LB road. Is it possible to get inside?”
“I don’t think so boss. The last train was at 5:25. They cancelled all other trains. You have to take the bus or something.”
S**T!
I am screwed!

6:30 PM Restaurant
“Hi, hanshu. Have you been waiting here for long?(in hushed tone) Where are your parents?”
“ They came early. We came here by 5:40. Thinking that you will be here on time. They waited for forty five minutes on my compulsion. They left just ten minutes back. They have other commitments. I waited here to tell you that. Bye”
“ Hey hanshu listen to me… Hanshu”
Am I screwed or what?
Why is that guy looking at me strangely? Come on, man! Have you not seen somebody fight before?

STORY OF THE SLACKER- UNIVRSE 2
She has asked me to come to that restaurant today. Our restaurant. Where we usually eat after she comes from work. Where she insists that she use her meal coupons and I let her. Only today is different. Her parents are going to be there. They want to see me. They want to talk to me. I have to tell them what I feel frankly. I have to be there by six is what she has said. Why do they want to see me???
5:10 Home
Do I smell ok?
Dude! You smell like a pig! That calls for the AXE effect! Who showers twice a day when you have bodydprays?
Is my hair ok? Get the gel. Put some on and spike it up! Who combs their hair when you have hair gel?
Which t shirt looks like it has been washed? That one. I have worn it only twice. The jeans that I am wearing is ok.
I don’t need a purse. They will probably sponsor today.
Mobile phone? Have to recharge it. I better hurry. Hey! Friends is on on Star World. Let me watch it for some time and then go. Hilarious!

5:20 PM Road
Jog faster! Jog! Jog jog…
Mobile is ringing!
“Hey hanshu! I am ready. Ya ya. Have started. Will be there on time. Ya ya . Wont be late.”
Woof!
“F****r! Cant you see wher you are going?”
“Hello Mister! Are you saying this is my fault?”
“Of Course that’s what I am saying you dweeb! Watch where you are going!’
I have to recharge! The call got disconnected! Hope she did not hear that!
5:25 PM Shop
“Man! Recharge for hundred please”
“Wait sir! This person was here first.”
“Hello Excuse me Sir I am kinda in a hurry. Can you wait or something?… Hey paachu! Is it you? I almost did not recognize you.”
“Hey! How are you man? Long time no see. Where are you in such a hurry for?”
“First tell me something where are you going? Can you drop of at the station?”
“Oh.. Ok. I am going that way. Will do. I heard they are shooting for Gautams next movie there”
“ Wow cool! And pay the shopkeeper hundred yaar. Will return it later”
In your dreams!
5:42 PM Station
“Hey man! Nice seeing you after such a long time and thanks a lot for your timely lift dude”
“Anytime ,man! Wait . one minute. I had gone to temple. Take this prasadham.”
“Thank man!See you”
What’s the commotion about near the entrance?
“ Hello Excuse me! Whats going on?”
“ They were shooting for gautam menons new movie. But hero broke his leg during a stunt sequence. They are taking him to the hospital”
“Shooting uh? Are the trains running ? I need to get to LB road.”
“That’s funny! Somebody asked me the same thing five minutes back but the shooting was going on then. I told him to take a bus and he left. But now the trains will probably start running. If that fellow had waited he too could have got the train probably. Poor fellow.”
I jus asked you whether I will get a train. What are you blabbering about?
“ Thank you boss for your information”

6:10 PM Restaurant
“Hi hanshika! Hello Uncle! Hello aunty!”
“ You are late”
“ Actually I had gone to temple da. It became late there. Take this prasadham.”
Hanshika’s mom: “What a nice boy!”
Blah blah blah….
“… Dhanshu! Listen to me! Dhanshoo!..”
Who is that? Oh its some couple fighting! Poor guy!

FIN

No comments:

Post a Comment