This blog is meant as a time killer for me and for those who have time!It contains insights and sometimes stupid ramblings.And a occasional short story!

Monday, August 23, 2010

Two men without a job…



7.00 AM
The last one month has been hard on him
He has been a busy man all his life. He had a job. He had earned a decent living to put his two sons through school and then college.
They had grown up into selfish worms. It had always been the elder one who had posed a problem for him. But lately the younger one too had become rebellious.
With these thoughts Raghu got up.
Coffee. The family was addicted to coffee. They were jus not able to perform as normal people without it.
The newspaper was late. It had always been late.
The younger son was not at home. He had been placed in Infosys. He was in training. Atleast he was on his own. He had wanted to pursue higher studies abroad. But that was no longer relevant.
The elder one. The useless one. The one with no virtues. The noisy brute. Sleeping in the middle of the hall. He wont be awake until 8.45 or 9. That too only if I shout in his ears.
Buffalo!

8.48 AM  Krawida
‘Beeraaa, Beera beeraa beera beera beera beera beera!’
It was my alarm on my Corby Pro. I opened my eyes. Turn off alarm. Shall I go back to sleep? Another ten minutes?
No. Mother nature calling out to me. Its time to get up and spread the joy.
Which one is the toothpaste and which one is the face wash? Both are blue. This one says Pears. So the other one is probably it.
Laptop.Password. Mozilla. FB
Notifications.
RT commented on her photo.
DB likes your status.
BS thinks he is a mythomaniac. Comment :krawida-I second that dude!
LOL. ROFL. ROTFL.
Sign out.
Open Drive G:
What movies did I download y’day night? The apartment. A monicca Belluci starrer
Play in VLC media player.

9.45 AM
The loafer had got up. Raghu did not understand whether it had been a call which woke him or a call from that girl. He seems to listen to her properly.
‘Here, take the coffee. Shall I ask the maid to buy Chocos?’
He nods. Lazy oaf! Does not want to exercise his vocal chords.
How can somebody clean the house and do the chores if this big buffalo is sleeping in the middle of the floor.
If it had been a one month back Raghu would have sent him flying across the hall by screaming and increasing the volume of the TV. It irritates him but it gets him awake.
But now he was not at work. He did not have work. They did not need him anymore. Because he had turned 60.
Now he did not have to worry about being late to office.
It bothered him to sit at home all day discussing some inane matter from time to time with his eldest.
What is your bro doing? Why has he not replied to my message? Why has he gone late for work today? Are you going to do samithadhaanam  tomorrow before you change the sacred thread? Have you booked ticket for your brothers return next week? Did you check whether tickets are available for your cousins marriage?
This is all that his eldest and him discussed. Either it was regarding his youngest or it was about the Tri-series.
103! Pitiful display of cricket

11.02 AM
This movie is slow.
I Don’t really understand whats happening. The narration shifts between two timelines. But apart from that nothing interesting seems to be haapening…
I had finished my Post Graduation two months back.
I had also been placed in a Chennai company long time back but they were set to call me. None of us had been called yet among the people who had been recruited.
I chose to chill out.
But it gets boring after a period of time.
Yesterday had gone on a long drive to Ambur for a friend’s marriage. Returned late in the night.
Today had been very uneventful unless you count the squabble with DB on FB.
The movie is getting interesting. Suddenly it has transitioned into a multi perspective narrative.
I like that. The more confusing it gets the more I like it. The more simple it is the more I hate it. That has become a motto for my thumb rule for liking movies.
So Inception? It is as good as it comes. Very complex psychological thriller which reminded me of Shutter Island though they shared nothing except the protagonists agony.
The sweeter the people talk the less I like them. The franker and upfront people are, the more I like them. That has become my thumb rule for liking people. So to say the least I don’t seem to like a lot of people. I am on my way to becoming a misanthrope.
Its nearly 3.00! Let me not delay my shower any longer. The mosquitoes which bit me are dying.
Lunch at 3.45! I am having my lunch early today! Must have done something early!

6.00 PM
How can he sit on that laptop of his for the whole day, wondered Raghu. The desktop was not working. Otherwise atleast he would have something to do. Like play Solitaire or Freecell!
Time for fourth Coffee of the day. No milk.
‘Diwan, are you going out somewhere? Some milk is required.’
Raghu thought he said ok.
Raghu did not seem to be hearing things properly lately. Along with his Asthma he was a prize catch for Doctors to experiments their drugs on. That’s why he avoided them. It was because of wrong medication that his mother had spent her last year on earth on artificial respirators.
He was reading The Story of My Experiments with Truth on his mobile now. He had found it on a wapsite. Gandhiji was describing his new acquaintances- Thilak and Patel.
In one or two hours his eldest would go to Raghu’s brother’s place to eat. He would then bring over dinner for Raghu.
He did not like his sister-in-law’s culinary skills and he did not make an effort to hide it. It was too spicy, he told her. But she always thought it was ok.
His life had become a monotony.
If only he had  something worthwhile to do…

9.00 PM
The food was ok today. I enjoyed dinner. The cousin who was in her seventh grade was a little chatty today. She had no interest in academics and whenever some song from Villu, Vaettikaaran or Sura came up on TV she would tell everyone how he looked like him and embarrass him. Sometimes her friends were there and they would argue with her. That was more embarrassing.
I don’t want to be compared with him now. Not with the direction his movies are taking. A few years back he liked it when people told him he bore a slight resemblance to the actor in looks and mannerisms. But now he did not want to hear about it. He was krawida who was jobless as of now and a blogger by right.
He would go back now. Give dinner to father. Go back to his ‘girlfriend’- his laptop, that’s what his real girlfriend called it-  and resume the movie or FB whatever he felt like doing at that moment.
I watch movies till late night well after midnight and when my eyes start swearing at me i would go to sleep at around 2.00 AM
 My life had become a monotony
If only i had something worthwhile to do…





No comments:

Post a Comment