This blog is meant as a time killer for me and for those who have time!It contains insights and sometimes stupid ramblings.And a occasional short story!

Sunday, August 1, 2010

A FICTIONAL LOVE STORY

This is something which happened to me! But I am not me! I am a fictional character in this fictional story but whom you will have to treat like any other fictional character- like I am real! Like the characters in a novel! And my character loves Jeffrey Archer!
With that having been said this is the story of me falling in love five times during my college each girl more beautiful than the other! Lucky right? Not really! Atleast not in the way you think!

It all started on August 16, 2004…

Chapter Tania
August 2004
Shucks ! I am getting late for college. Why do I have to pee now? And why does my stupid brother be in the toilet now reading the newspaper? I don’t have time for breakfast also.
“Sam! Come out of the F*****g toilet this instant! I have to go to college! Its my first day! I don’t want to be late!”
“Dude! Calm down! Don’t crap your pants in your anger! I will finish the sports section and be out in around two mintutes.You can hold back for that long right?”
Is it my imagination or do I hear him snickering inside?

Ten minutes later…
Oof! Oof! I gotta catch the bus on time! There it is! Running sure is difficult with all this stupid stuff they have us carrying around!
I am nearly there. Please don’t start the bus! Please! Please please please please!
Gosh! That was close! Now where do I sit? Only the ladies side has got some seats. Next to that fat girl or next to that nerdy girl? Inky pinky……
There is not much space to sit here, I should have picked the other one.
“Hi”
Is she talking to me? I guess she is.
“Hi”
“which college do you go to”
“ CBIT”
“ Really? That’s where we go too.”
We?
“I mean me and my friend Tinaa. My name is Cindy”
Tina was the nerd. Who reads such fat books???
“ Good to hear. My name is…”

Present…
So that was my first day in college. They both would become close friends of mine. So where are these girls I told about? Wait up! You will meet them.

Chapter Taine
October 2004
This canteen is always crowded. For the crap food that they serve here I wonder why ?
All I could get was sandwich. Wow! Did I see a girl or what?
God! Did she just wave at me or am I imagining things? No. I guess I just imagined it. She is walking out with the novel in hand.
What’s her name? Which class is she in? Will I sleep today?
Kane and abel…….. Nice book!

Present…
What sort of guy does not find out details about a girl he is interested in. I will tell you who. Me! I have always been tongue-tied ever since high school when a girl laughed at me during prayer when the whole auditorium was silent, when I told her “I like you. You like me?” Well, thinking back I deserve that. Who says that as an opening line to a girl to whom you are talking to for the first time. Anyway, this time too in college I did not try finding out who she was. In fact I never tried it throughout college. If I had done that I would have found useful stuff.


Chapter Ni-Tai
October 2004
I have a thing for Asians! I love Korean movies and Naruto and martial arts movies! And I have got all three parts of Sex and Zen trilogy.
“….this author wrote some of his novels from prison. It was called… hey! Hi”
Who is this interrupting my thoughts? Please god, let it be a beautiful Asian!
Wow! Who is this angel? I love this college
“Hi”
Talk something.. Talk something.. Something.. Ask her her name. Ask her whether she knows you. Say something Damn it!
“Actually, I was wondering whether I could get your engineering mechanics Text book so that I could photocopy the necessary stuff for upcoming quizzes. I heard you have got the prescribed author and I don’t have enough time to buy it within Mondays models. Can you bring it tomorrow?”
What did she say to you? Are you listening? What is that aeroplane sound? Don’t stare at her, idiot! Look at her eyes! Just say yes.
“Yes”
“Thank you, will see you around.”

Present…
What’s wrong with me man? Thinking back I realized I had become like that character from big bang theory. What’s his name? The indian guy. Rajesh. Maybe a little booze would have loosened my tongue up. Or not.



Chapter Niota
December 2004
“ Hey Cindy! I am really grateful that you came to help me pick out Christmas presents! Without you I would be lost. Can you stop eating that donut and listen to me for a sec?”
“ Idhh iff moo poofood doo”
“ Can u please talk without eating?”
“ I said it is my pleasure too. You can repay me by paying for the donuts”
“Donuts?plural? how many did you order? You said you were going to start die… Wow! Look at that.”
“look at what”
“that girl over there”
“ What are you looking like that for ? You know her. I am not surprised that you seem to be into her. She is your type.”
“ what?i know her? NO I DONT! and you know her? That’s cool!’
“ you know, you will like her a lot! She is intelligent, reads fat books like you, has a great sense of humor…..”
“ She is beautiful.That should go on top of that list.”
“ What??? if you say so.”
“ She must be really popular.”
“uh? Not really!”
“ She is taking the lift. I am going after her. Bye ,Cin”
”Hey! Pay for the donuts… you S****y piece of Crap! Don’t ditch me! You son of a…………”

Present…
Did I find her that day? What do you think? You guessed right. As with the others I lost out with this girl too. Call it fate . It brings me the best girls but takes away my courage to pursue them. I am mentally crippled! It was like a test! I decided that the next girl I like I will tell her without wasting time! I made a resolution. A new year resolution!

Chapter Tunia
January 2005
Its results time!
…look at all that crowd before the notice board!
I am sure I would have passed but am I the best! Because I have always been so!
…no! no! this is not possible! Mine is the second highest CGPA! I have always been the best ! I cannot be second best… no ! no!......
“ EEEEEEEEEE!”
What is that unearthly sound? It is a girl screaming. No ! she is shouting in delight! ….NO!
She must be the one who with the highest CGPA! Grrrr! I must see who this girl is!
… this is preposterous! I don’t even remember seeing her in any of the classes! But look at her. she is so…..beautiful! dude! U have to be angry. Don’t get melted away by beauty! I am sure she has cheated. She has never been in any of the classes! I don’t know who she is! I will give her a piece of my mind!
”Hello! Miss! I cant help wondering how you scored such a high CGPA. Its impossible and I love you whatever your name is”
Whaat? Did I jus tell her I love her? Brace yourself! You are going to be humiliated worst than in high school! Or she may hit you… don’t open your eyes… let me be dead. Let all this be a dream…..
“I love you too. I have been waiting for you to say this for a long time. From the day I met you on the bus I have liked you. You did not acknowledge me when I waved at you in the canteen. And It is because you gave me your book for photocopying that I was able to make up for my weak subject. I was heartbroken when I saw you in the mall with Cindy! But then Cindy told me you had a thing for me and I have been waiting for you to tell me ever since.”
… and with that she starts crying and she hugged me!
What in God’s name is happening here? Who is this girl?

Present…
Tania, Taine, Ni-Tai, Niota, Tunia……
Aeiou…
Tani, Tain,Ni-ta,Nita, Tnia- TINA!
So what really happened? Well Cindy is not really the bright type! But even she could see that Tina was the girl for me. So even during the first meeting my brain recognized the signals of love! Though consciously I was not in love, at a sub-conscious level I had started liking Tina from the first sight! And you know how it is! When you love someone they will seem like the hottest person in the world! So even though Tina was not what anybody would define as a conventional beauty since I liked her as days passed she seemed to be more and more prettier! And since I was not conscious of all this chemical stuff happening inside me I saw Tina as different people the more I fell in love with her! And it did not help that I became tongue tied and not once during our five meetings did I ask her for her name!
But the clues were always there…
Fat book, Kane and Abel, Prison diaries… they all screamed out Jeffrey Archer! I could not have been a coincidence that she was into my favourite author and we had been somehow connected by fate like Kane and Abel!

No comments:

Post a Comment